A number of institutions in Germany have information on their websites about the Nagoya Protocol and have dedicated Compliance Officers or other staff who can help you with ABS.
Find the relevant person at your institution in the list below.
- Alfred Wegener Institute
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
- Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
- Julius Kühn-Institute
- Kiel University
- Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research
- Leibniz Institute for the Analysis of Biodiversity Change
- Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research
- Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior
- Museum Koenig
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- University of Greifswald
- University of Saarland
At GEOMAR, the Staff Unit Export Control & Customs coordinates all matters relating to the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol. The institute has information about the Nagoya Protocol and the necessary steps to ensure compliance with the EU ABS Regulation on the institute’s intranet.
Dr. Jan Dierking
Nagoya Protocol Coordination